What Does Cannabis Decriminalization Mean for Real Estate Professionals in Your State?
With her trademark sense of humor, attorney Trista Curzydlo packs legal advice and awareness for real estate licensees into this informative and entertaining 60-90 minute long session available as an in person OR virtual presentation.
Up in Smoke? Cannabis and Real Estate
With over half of all states decriminalizing cannabis, the cannabis industry and its real estate needs are growing–leaving agents and clients in a risky position. This course examines the potential pitfalls and associated risk reduction techniques for real estate professionals. Commercial Version Also Available
Session Highlights Include:
- Controlled Substance Act vs. State Law
- Federal Agency Guidance vs. Law
- “Illegality Defense” & Contract Voiding
- 3 Financial Institution Questions
- Zoning Regs & Unit Developments
- 5 Lease Clauses
- Insurance Provider Questions
- Reasonable Accommodation Requests
- Risk Management Protocol
Trista talks about this session (& April 20th):
Sample “Up in Smoke” from a presentation for the National Association of REALTORS® (scoring 4.91 out of 5!):